Production is considered a special category of vinyl wallpaper: it is based on non-woven or paper wallcovering, usually performed in a two-sided version. On the base is placed vinyl, reinforced with fabric threads. Next, the canvas is processed with a hot press, as a result, it acquires a shiny surface with a slight relief. Popular wallpapers with silk-screen printing imitate wood, textured plaster, leather, stone, velvet, and often externally, the articles resemble silk fabric, such variations are decorated with oriental ornaments and floral motifs.
Selection rules for different rooms
Here the determining factors are the area and purpose of the room, the degree of its illumination.
Imitation silk surface looks great in the bedroom - it is resistant to various influences, has a soft sheen. It is advisable to regularly ventilate the room, as silk-screen materials do not allow air to pass through. For small areas it is better to choose light colors, moreover, now at the peak of fashion, combining textures and colors. If there is a large bed in a small room, designers recommend decorating the wall behind the headboard and the ceiling in the same range.
Manufacturers are constantly expanding the range of products, especially paper-based lines, as they are more popular: new textures are being developed, quality is improving. Silk-screened vinyl wallpapers have the following advantages:
- practicality - the product is not afraid of friction, does not absorb odors, it can be used to finish the ceiling;
- moisture resistance - you can remove contamination with a damp soft cloth;
- presentable - when pasting walls the joints are almost imperceptible, the silk surface and glossy shine look very advantageous under artificial lighting;
- strength - the surface does not stretch and does not tear, perfectly retains its shape;
- durability - the service life exceeds 10 years, silk-screened wallpapers do not collect dust and are not afraid of direct sunlight;
- environmental friendliness and safety - the composition does not include toxic substances, products do not emit unpleasant odors.
You can not ignore the disadvantages:
- you must first align the walls, the quality of the result depends on the appearance of the wallpaper after gluing;
- a fungus can develop under vinyl, as it does not allow air to pass through; in this respect, rulers with a porous non-woven substrate are considered a safer option;
- when burning, the material releases toxins;
- cheap fakes have formaldehyde as part of; you need to be especially careful when choosing a manufacturer;
- silk screening stands out for its high cost.
All types of wallpapers with silk-screen printing allow the use of cleaning products during wet cleaning. The use of gel formulations that are used to wash the dishes is recommended: a low-saturated solution does an excellent job with dirt and grease, fingerprints, and children's drawings. If you need to get rid of dust, you can use a vacuum cleaner on medium power.
Stages of creating an exclusive interior: tips masters
Before proceeding with the gluing of decorative material, special attention should be paid to preparing the foundation: it is necessary to remove dirt, mold, fungus and dust from the wall, to grind unevenness, to ground and plaster. If you properly treat the surface, later on after the completion of repair work on the coating will not form bubbles and stains - the most common problems that arise after a short period of use of wallpaper.
Knowing how to glue wallpaper with silk-screen printing, everyone can independently perform all the work. First, you need to attach the canvas to the wall to determine the required length, two-centimeter allowances are left above and below. The first piece subsequently becomes a guideline for the rest, since the pattern is combined along it.
The cut piece of wallpaper is carefully coated with glue (especially on the sides and in the corners), left for slight absorption. If the wallpaper is thick, the mixture must be applied to the wall. The pieces are fixed end-to-end, a rubber roller is used to level the surface, they are carried out from the center to the edges. Excess glue, appearing in the joints, must be promptly removed.
Finally, if the room is characterized by high humidity, experts recommend protecting the areas of the joints with a special paper tape (it is stuck under the seams). The wider the roll, the less potential problem areas are formed. Gluing wallpaper with silk-screen printing is done very quickly, when dried, the material does not deform and does not emit odors. If you pay due attention to the corners and carefully cut off the excess, you can do all the work together in just a few hours.