An increasing number of people want to live in a country house with urban comfort. It is not at all difficult to carry out water in a country house, bath or toilet. How to install a kitchen sink, shower or toilet with flush. However, the disposal of wastewater seems to be a problem for many at once for several reasons:
- the device of a concrete cesspool is quite laborious and costly;
- if the cesspool is small, it will often have to be pumped out, which is uneconomical;
- calling an aspender machine to a dacha can be quite expensive, especially if it is far from the city;
- with a high level of groundwater pumping will have to be done more often.
The exit can be found in the septic tank without pumping out.
Septic tank device for giving
A septic tank is a sewage collector in which solid organic particles are decomposed by microorganisms into carbon dioxide, methane and water. Septic tanks consisting of two or three sections work most effectively. All sections are interconnected by overflow pipes, have inspection hatches and ventilation. Sections are sealed, and in the last the bottom is a drainage.
Septic tank for giving without pumping: advantages and disadvantages
Having arranged a septic tank in the country without pumping, you can get a lot of advantages:
- total absence of unpleasant odors, since only carbon dioxide and methane, which have no odor, are released through the vents;
- the sludge formed at the bottom is decomposed organic matter and is quite suitable as a fertilizer;
- water after cleaning with bacteria is considered to be completely safe for the environment and can be used for watering;
- a correctly mounted septic tank does not need special care and can do without cleaning up to ten years;
- the whole system is underground, does not take place and does not spoil the landscape;
- septic non-volatile, if not used aerators;
- A small septic tank can be made with your own hands from improvised means.
According to sanitary standards, one person uses about 200 liters of water per day. The same amount will go down the drain. In the first section of the drive wastewater must be at least three days, so the minimum septic tank, designed for one person, must accommodate 600 liters. Now you need to multiply this figure by the number of people and round up.
For example, three people live in the house, which means that the total volume of wastewater will be equal to 1.8 m³, which means that the volume of the septic tank must be at least 2 m³. In this case, the first section should account for 2/3 of the total volume. For a three-chamber septic tank, the remaining volume is divided equally into the remaining sections.
When choosing a place for a sewage treatment plant, it is necessary to follow several rules:
- the distance to the foundation of a residential building must be at least 5 meters;
- from the well - 50 meters;
- from the reservoir - 30 meters;
- from trees - 3 meters;
If the plot is on a slope, the septic tank should be located below the level of the house and the well.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in wastewater entering the water intake and contaminating the drinking water with harmful bacteria.
Types of septic tanks that do not require regular pumping, many. There are cost-effective options from available tools and ready-made factory settings. Most of them are non-volatile, that is, do not need electricity. In country conditions it can be very convenient. Consider the most common options.
Septic barrel for giving
One of the most economical options for installing a summer sewage system in the country is a septic tank made from metal or plastic barrels. This simple mini-septic tank for giving can consist of one barrel, dug into the ground bottom up. In the upper part of the barrel is cut a hole for the sewer pipe, the barrel itself is mounted on a pillow of coarse sand and rubble. This option is only suitable for gray kitchen drains, provided that gentle detergents (laundry soap) are used to wash dishes.
An improved version of such a septic tank will be two communicating barrels. The first storage drum should be with a sealed bottom, the second barrel - drainage. In the second case, it is better to choose plastic barrels, since metal will quickly rust the bottom.
The high level of groundwater can be a big hindrance to the arrangement of the septic tank, since the unfinished water can mix with the groundwater and pollute them. The best way out is to build an airtight septic tank. Instead of filtering fields it is necessary to use special filtering cassettes that are mounted on the surface. Plastic or concrete will be the most suitable material, but it is better to refuse to use tires, concrete rings or brickwork. Horizontally located containers will bring the greatest efficiency. So that the system does not freeze, it must be well warmed. The degree of cleaning in this case will be higher if you use multiple cameras.
This type is a cesspool and is usually used as a septic tank for a toilet in the country. It is completely unsuitable for large volumes of effluent, but quite suitable for a small amount of wastewater. Anaerobic septic tank is cheap and easy to install. For a country house with a low discharge rate, such a system would be quite enough.
The process of decomposition of sewage in an anaerobic septic tank can be increased by planting colonies of bacteria that decompose organic matter. Then the degree of purification is doubled.
Septic tanks to give: which one is better
The market offers many ready-made models for local wastewater treatment systems. Focusing on customer reviews and sales volumes, you can make a rating of factory-made septic tanks. The following models are considered to be the best in quality and optimal in price:
- a plastic septic tank of six chambers with the Ecopan biofilter for 6–8 people;
- installation of two tanks with the Breeze biofilter. Designed for 3-5 people, constantly using water;
- modular septic tank "Graph" is available with one, two or three sections;
- Astra cleaning system is designed for collecting and processing waste from several private houses at once.
Without a doubt, the best septic tanks without pumping are industrial designs, where all the subtleties are thought out by experts, and manufacturers guarantee absolute tightness and a high degree of purification. However, a simple septic tank for a country house, made by hand with the observance of all precautions, will always be a good and economical alternative to the factory.