In any interior there are elements of durable use. They include windows and doors. These structures should serve for many years, harmoniously fit into the updated interior. These properties have interior doors in a classic style, which for this reason are the most common.
Even a layman in the field of design will be able to distinguish classic interior doors from modern ones. The main features of the style are visible at a glance at the door:
- Precise proportions, perfect lines, the symmetry of each detail separately and the relative position of all the elements as a whole - this is what distinguishes classicism in the general case. At the same time, door design is no exception.
- Door leafs most often either made of natural wood, or have the color and texture of natural material. If paint is used, then certainly neutral shades: brown, beige, gray, white and similar colors. But there are unusual toning. Paying tribute to the fashion of the old in the interior design, large manufacturers use patina, craquelure, create cracks, scuffs, deliberate minor damage to the coating. Artistic aging of surfaces is welcomed in such classical design directions as country and provence. On the products for the elite emblazoned hand-painted, exquisite carving, inlay.
- Ordinary interior doors in classical style consist of a frame and an insert, a panel, that is why they are called framed or framed (both definitions are common). The insert may be deaf, from the same material as the frame, or glass. Its shape is varied: square, rectangle, or something more complex.
- In the "world of doors" classics from modern models is different fittings. Handles serve as an ornament of a door cloth, and not only carry out the direct functions.
- Classic interior doors with a higher price are often supplemented with capitals, pilasters and curtain rods. These elements are typical for the Italian classics, they significantly increase the cost of products.
The most common types of classic doors deserve special attention.
Doors with inset
The classic door with glass is not just beautiful and looks elegant, it transmits light, which is especially important in small dark rooms with small window openings.
Modern glass (from 4 to 8 mm thick) differs from its “historical predecessor” in durability and variety of surface texture, degree of transparency and color. It is located in the slot of the door leaf and fastened with beadings. In classical door constructions, bronze and colorless (white) satinto are most often used.
In another embodiment, the design of interior doors as an insert is an array of wood or MDF. Such models look more massive.
The time-tested version of the door construction gives way to sliding counterparts if there is not enough space in the room. However, if there is a cupboard next to the doorway, and the door leaf cannot move to the side, the swing structures are able to function in such conditions. In addition, hinged doors provide heat and sound insulation best of all other options, prevent the spread of odors.
Classic doors from the array - the most respectable option. Such designs can be a good investment, and not just a functional element of the interior, reflecting the high status and material wealth of the owner.
Classic compartment doors
Sliding interior doors became widespread in Europe relatively recently, so all the known directions of the classical style were formed without them. However, it would be a mistake to think that mobile designs will find their place only in laconic interiors.
Modern classic-style sliding doors from European and Russian manufacturers can be respectable or fancy, luxurious or restrained, but they always increase the comfort of using the space, they organically fit into it.
Design classic doors depending on the direction of style
The design is based on luxury and conservatism, using natural materials and a minimum of decor. Light brown and beige shades of the door surface are recommended. If enamel is used as a coating, white classic doors are particularly popular. It is appropriate and blue color (especially for the bedroom or children's room). White door designs are often found in Scandinavian interiors.
The classic interior doors in the interior of temperamental Italians are painted in the colors of mahogany, beech, walnut, oak, cherry. Products are distinguished by the strict symmetry of double canvases, the presence of gold-plated fittings, monochrome or multi-colored painting. Structures are equipped with slats, curtain rods, hiding the mechanism of sliding doors. Luxury adds columns and pilasters.
Lovers of luxurious silver, pale lilac, pearl-pink shades will like the French classics. Patina doors, columns and capitals, stained glass windows and gilded patterns are also relevant here. They are perfectly combined with crystal, wrought cornices and mirrors in massive frames.
Tips for using interior doors in the interior
If there are several doors in the corridor, they should all be of the same color and style direction. In this case, the integrity of the perception of the interior will not be disturbed.
A high-quality, well-chosen interior door will assemble the interior into a single whole, and an unsuccessfully chosen one can cross out money spent on wallpaper, other finishing materials, furniture and accessories.
Not so long ago there was a tendency to stylize the doors of the closets of storage rooms under the interior door, but over time, more interesting niche design options were found, so you should not do so.
One of the design techniques - the doors and flooring in the room should have a similar color and texture. Doors painted with white enamel add lightness and airiness to the interior. They are well combined with window frames of the same color.
To maintain the classic style, it is advisable to choose the following color doors:
- classic light shades - bleached oak, imitation of birch texture;
- with red tint - cherry or pear;
- completely dark - wenge.
In a small room, light doors merging in color with the walls significantly increase the space in visual perception.
Fittings of classic doors are most often made of brass. It is necessary to ensure that the door handles coincide with the metal fittings of the cabinets, the decor of the lamps and the like. That is, all the metal in the same room should be the same. Bronze and chrome, which differ in color and degree of gloss, cannot be used together.
Classic entrance door - universal version
Entrance doors are fundamentally different from the interior. They are the face of an apartment or house. However, in addition to the aesthetic component in their selection, other characteristics are important: reliability, durability, heat resistance, high sound insulation properties, fire resistance, resistance to adverse climatic factors and vandalism.
Classic solid wood doors are made from a single piece of wood. Modern entrance doors are most often made of metal, but with a veneer or imitation wood. Luxury options are decorated with solid ash or oak slab. For wealthy homeowners, there are special models decorated with forging and carving. Among these products there are options, more like a work of art, rather than the usual element of housing. In addition, it is possible to insert a highly durable glass that provides daylight penetration into the hallway.
Classic doors can be strict and concise, elegant and elegant, massive and solid, but they always emphasize the status of the owner of the house. The entrance area is an inseparable part of an apartment or house, so the stylistic conformity of the overall design concept of interior design is a prerequisite for a successful choice of an entrance door. In general, the door "classic" fits almost all styles of interior.