Virtually every city has a pharmacy that operates around the clock. However, to abandon the small home "warehouse" is difficult. Most often, it consists of medicines for chronic diseases and first aid preparations. Be sure to have antipyretic and analgesic drugs. As a rule, drugs that were prescribed by a doctor and have not been used are not thrown away.
When choosing a place to store medicines, it is important to understand what conditions will help to contain medicines correctly.
Previously, no specific temperature parameters for storing medications were indicated. “Keep in a cool place” is a very vague wording that used to exist for almost all medicines. Today, manufacturers recommend more specific temperature regimes for the storage of drugs. The requirement to save at 3-8 ° C (normal refrigerator compartment mode) means that the medicine should be put in the refrigerator for about a day after the purchase. Otherwise, the therapeutic effect of the drug will be reduced and the period of treatment of the disease may increase. Most of all this applies to hormonal drugs, antibiotics, vaccines or serums.
It is compliance with certain requirements that will help you quickly find the right medicine and take it correctly:
- All products are stored in their original instructions. Before taking the medication, it is advisable to revise the instructions in order to check the correctness of the use of medications and the peculiarities of interaction with other medicines;
- the contents of the box are regularly moved. End-of-life drugs are thrown away;
- preparations must be kept unopened. Categorically, you should exclude options for rash or mixing tablets. Incomprehensible pill can not be taken. It is impossible to pour drugs into other containers / bottles, since it is possible to make a mistake with the period of use of the drugs;
- It is undesirable to cut blisters with pills. Since you can not save the name of the medicine and do not know about the shelf life;
- The cabinet for storing the first-aid kit should be in a convenient accessible place, but not visible. As if the family has children, animals, then it is necessary to exclude for them easy access to medicines. As an option - the box for storing drugs can be locked with a key.
Proper and orderly arrangement of drugs will make it easier to find the right drugs and turn the pharmacy into a real helper rather than make it a source of irritation.
- Prescriptions from doctors should be put in a separate package, and not discarded. So the medication instruction can be found on the Internet, and it is impossible to restore / recall the recipe.
- Medications in bottles, tablets, ointments should be stored separately from each other. And for bottles / jars, rectangular / square boxes without rounding are better suited (jars will stand exactly and will not fall). Convenient option - small plastic baskets.
- Boxes for storing drugs are best purchased with separate compartments. This will help to streamline drugs by type, as well as the frequency of use. If there are no special dividers, then a great idea is to insert separate small and small boxes into a large box. In such cases, it is desirable to use containers made of transparent plastic (it will greatly facilitate the search for the desired medication).
- You can also stick stickers with the contents of the label. Moreover, the most frequently used drugs are better located closer.
- It is advisable to create a first aid kit and keep it separate from the other boxes, boxes. Everyone makes the list of ambulances on their own, but there must necessarily be some general medicines (the same notorious brilliant green, cotton wool, heart pills, anesthetic).
- For travel is going to a separate first-aid kit-organizer. If traveling happens often, then it is necessary to allocate a constant suitable handbag / box and staff it with the necessary medicines.
- Do not buy drugs in reserve, because now almost everywhere there are round the clock pharmacies.
- Blisters with the same pills can be pulled with a rubber band. Moreover, it is more convenient to put them in boxes with the name up - so look quickly.
Organizing proper storage of medicines is easy. It is impossible to call the process of creating a first-aid kit an exciting event, but it is unwise to deny that this is a necessary thing in every apartment.