The bathroom has a high level of humidity, and the installation of a rod with a curtain will prevent the floor, walls and mirrors from splashing. A variety of bath configurations require repetition of the same lines from the eaves, so various models of protective structures are offered on the building materials market.
Rod mounting methods
By type of installation, the cornices are divided into two types: ceiling and wall. Ceiling models are rare, as it is very difficult to mount the bar on popular suspended structures. It will also be difficult to install the product on a suspended ceiling. Suitable options for ceilings - concrete, plastic and lath, and in general it is questionable whether to install the cornice so high, as to protect the room from water splashes, it is enough to fix the bar at a level just above the average human height.
Wall bars are the most common. Advantages: a large variety of materials and shades, simple installation, low price, the ability to choose a model for a bath of non-standard configuration.
Types of wall mount rods
According to the form and method of installation, products can be divided into several groups.
- Straight bar, fixed with stop flanges. This is the most common and cheapest option to equip the curtain for the bathroom. The bar can be made independently: just a piece of chrome-plated pipe (the length is equal to the distance between the walls where the bathtub stands). For this purpose, the kitchen bolt is quite suitable, which can be bought in a furniture store. A pair of flanges mounted on the wall and serves as a support for the rod. A significant drawback - the chrome finish from the frequent movement of the rings curtain quickly peeksit, but this problem is solved by simply replacing the pipe. The rectilinear bar perfectly closes the classic bath installed against the wall.
- The corner bar is used for corner baths. This type of products include semicircular, U-shaped and L-shaped rod for the bathroom. The difficulty lies in the selection of pipes, repeating the line of the edge of the tank. Baths with asymmetry require special ordering of the rods, and a non-standard version (a curved bar must necessarily copy the external free contour of the tank). It is possible to mount devices only on walls and it is recommended to additionally fix to the ceiling (in one or in two places). The fastening of the eaves to different planes is carried out to provide the structure with rigidity and reliability. This method is used to design oval / round bathtubs installed in the center of the room.
- A flexible bar can be considered universal, as it fits to the arrangement of any bath. For the manufacture of the tube uses a special aluminum profile, which easily takes a different shape, even asymmetric. Moreover, any special tools for the formation of bends is not required.
- The telescopic rod for the bathroom is arranged according to the “pipe in pipe” principle and can be from 1.3 m to 2 m long. To install the product, the spacer method is used - the bar of the required length is fixed by means of a threaded flange between walls.
- A telescopic expander bar has a design in which the tubes are connected by a strong spring. When mounted, the bar is stretched to a length slightly larger than the distance between the walls (approximately 1-1.5 cm). Before mounting the boom, the spring is compressed, and after installing the pipe to the right place, it is released. The design is firmly fixed at the desired level. Such a model can be called the most common due to ease of installation, a variety of colors and sizes. Essential plus of a design - it is not required to drill walls.
Due to special operating conditions (high humidity, frequent sliding of the curtain rings), not every material is suitable for making shower fixtures.
Plastic products are distinguished by moisture resistance, low weight, ease of installation, various sizes (weights are available with parameters 75-120 / 125-220 / 140-250 cm) and colors, at an affordable price. On such a bar curtain rings glide quietly. Disadvantages: short service life, the probability of deformation over time (especially if the curtain is too heavy). White bars eventually turn yellow. Higher quality material - metal, having the desired rigidity, so as not to sag. Minus: the price is much higher than plastic counterparts.
Stainless steel is very long. Metal bars can have a polished or matte surface. Advantages - resistance to corrosion, ease of movement of the curtain. The rigidity of the design eliminates the possibility of sagging curtains. Sick place such a rod can be considered a high cost. Also, when moving metal rings, an unpleasant noise is heard, which not everyone likes.
Aluminum rods are lightweight, durable, resistant to high humidity. The material minus is the ability to bend from serious loads.
Bronze rods can not be called common. As a rule, such models harmoniously look in the interiors of bathrooms of baroque and modern styles. Such exquisite elements should be complemented by appropriate curtains / curtains.
How to install the barbell with flanges?
For such an installation used metal rod for curtains in the bathroom. The advantages of fastening are reliability, the ability to withstand significant loads. Disadvantages: it is required to carry out preparatory work, drill the walls.
The model includes two tubes of different diameters and an ejector spring. The ends are equipped with anti-skid seals. Advantages of the design: no special preparatory work is carried out, the length of the rod is easily adjusted and just to choose the shade of the rod, taking into account the color range of the room. A serious drawback - with a heavy load or a strong jerk, the bar may fall.
Accurately establish the construction will help the construction level and a pencil.
- On the wall marked the installation location of the rod. It should be remembered about the stock length of the curtain, which should be lowered into the bath.
- The boom extends a length that makes up the distance between the walls, plus 0.5-1 cm.
- If the set includes one-piece rings, they are put on the tube before hanging the curtain.
- The bar is fixed at the desired level, and the horizontal position is regulated by the building level.
This installation option is optimal for bathrooms in which the walls are tiled, porcelain stoneware or painted.
The shower rod in the bathroom and the curtain are not only protective, but are also a design element, so the design style of the room is always taken into account to create a refined interior. In case of possible difficulties with installation, it is advisable to turn to professionals who will take into account the nuances of the room and the wishes of the owners.