Curtains give the rooms a finished look, coziness and comfort. Eaves are used for their installation. And if earlier curtain rails were most often used for fastening curtains, which were attached to the walls above the window, nowadays, as a rule, ceiling curtain rods are used. Their use allows you to realize the most daring design fantasies. At the same time, the fastening of curtains to the ceiling are hidden, which makes the construction more accurate.
Ceiling cornice is made of various materials, and its choice depends on the curtains used. The use of such a cornice has a number of significant advantages, and compliance with the rules of choice will allow you to purchase the optimal design for any room and curtains.
When is it best to use the ceiling cornice
Ceiling curtain rods are a convenient and modern element of the interior, which is why many people prefer it to ordinary wall structures. However, in some cases, its use is simply necessary:
- High window. If the window starts almost from the ceiling itself, then using a wall cornice, the curtain will be lower than the window leaf.
- Low ceiling height. If the curtains start from the ceiling itself, the height of the ceilings will visually increase, and the floating curtains will make the ceilings visually lower.
- Plasterboard walls. It is not safe to install a cornice on such walls, especially if curtain rods are required for heavy curtains with several layers.
However, you can use the ceiling mount curtains in other cases. This is a great way to visually increase the height of the ceiling, zone the space and give the interior a modern and stylish look.
Types of ceiling eaves
In order for the structures to fully comply with the materials of the ceiling and curtains, it is necessary to know how to choose a ceiling cornice for curtains. There are several types of designs that differ in material production.
- Metal ceiling cornices. Steel and aluminum eaves for curtains differ. They are lightweight, but they are distinguished by good strength and durability. Such designs are recommended to choose for designs in the style of techno, loft or high-tech.
- Wood. For their manufacture uses an array of needles, cherries, oak or walnut. However, you can find options from exotic woods. Massive curtains or original curtains work well for the ceiling eaves of wood. Wood is usually painted with varnish. There are products and unusual thread. Wooden eaves differ in durability, durability and presentable appearance. Suitable for design in any style.
- Ceiling plastic construction. Plastic curtain rods for curtains - the most popular and affordable models. They have an attractive appearance and a variety of options. They can be with one, two or three lanes. Eaves are used for a stretch ceiling, plasterboard constructions and other ceiling design options. Perfectly combined with plastic windows. Can be hung in the bedroom, the kitchen and any other room.
- Strings. Represent one or more metal strings, which are mounted on brackets to the ceiling. Used to hang a tulle, organza curtain or light curtain. Heavy curtains brackets can not withstand, and the design simply sags under their weight. With a significant length of the cornice, additional brackets are used in the middle so that it does not sag. Such cornices can be straight or round, as well as cornices for the bay window. Suitable for modern design. At the same eaves for bay windows can be both round and profile.
Also, eaves can be divided into types according to this principle:
- Single row They have only one row of hooks, so only a curtain or tulle can be hung on them. Such curtain rails for curtains are most often used for the kitchen.
- Double row The most common option. They hang tulle and curtains.
- Three-row. Ceiling three-row cornice allows curtains, tulle and pelmets. Usually used for living room or bedroom.
It is possible to choose the optimum eaves on the basis of its design features. There are different types of varieties and fixings for curtains:
- Eaves for rolled curtains. It has a special textile tape. Ceiling cornice is most often used if Roman blinds are used for zoning space. Hanging such a curtain on the tape, you can get a light analogue of the screen.
- Flexible ceiling moldings for curtains. Ideal for arches and bay windows. Excellent cornices for curtains under stretch ceilings, plasterboard structures, bay windows due to the bending structure, which is extremely easy to install.
- Double-row ceiling structures with tape for lambrequin. They perform the functions of three-row eaves, but occupy less space on the ceiling.
- Ceiling profile slip. Can be used for bay windows, arches, drywall and tension structures. They allow to hang tulle, curtains and lambrequins on one profile for curtains.
To make the curtains perfectly fit into the design of the room, it is necessary to pay special attention to their choice, as well as to the selection of optimal curtain rods.
To ensure a neat appearance of the structure, as well as its durability, it is necessary to know how to hang the curtains and the ceiling cornice. This affects not only the design of the room, but also the characteristics of the ceiling.
Mounting hidden curtain ceiling depends on the type of ceiling:
- Eaves for a curtain in a stretch ceiling. In this case, there are two types of mounting. Most often, the stretch ceiling ends at the eaves fixing point. At the same time, the canvas hides the fasteners, and it seems that the curtains fall directly from the ceiling. In the second case, punctures should be made in the stretch canvas, and the cornice should be attached to the base covering.
- Eaves in a false ceiling. If the ceiling is made of plasterboard, the structures attached to it should be light, for example, a string or plastic eaves. In the case of a tiled suspended ceiling, only plastic or other lightweight structures are used, attached to aluminum rails.
- Concrete base. Dowels are used for fastening. The heavier the curtains will hang, the more such holes will be required.
The use of ceiling cornices for curtains is a great option for the design of any room. Such designs visually increase the height of the ceilings. The fastening mechanism hides in a special niche, which creates the feeling of floating curtains. Such constructions can also be used for zoning space, dividing it with Roman curtains or light tulle. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the material and construction features, and the installation is recommended to be entrusted to professional craftsmen.