Using the apron of the working area, we decorate the kitchen and protect it from pollution, so for the manufacture of an apron it is advisable to use high-quality, reliable, attractive materials. Most often for the design of an apron used tile, featuring an attractive design, but it is essential that the material, in addition to the aesthetic appeal, was durable and resistant to the negative influence of external factors.
Today, manufacturers offer cladding material of a wide variety of formats. The most common size is a square tile with 10x10 parameters. However, in addition to square tiles, you can find other various options: rectangular models of various parameters; and a diamond shaped tile will help bring originality to the interior.
High requirements are made to the material with which the kitchen apron will be made out of tiles. Specifications tiles should be excellent. Today, manufacturers are trying to make this material with improved technical parameters.
In order to care for the material did not lead to additional difficulties, it is necessary to acquire it, guided by hygienic requirements. Please note that embossed surfaces tend to accumulate dirt and dust. For such a surface is not easy to care for. In this regard, it is better to choose matte and glossy surfaces.
Tile Design: Popular Options
As for the tile design, it is distinguished by a wide variety of choices. Choosing a tile, pay attention to how it is in harmony with the stylistic decision of the interior. The material should be combined with walls, ceiling, furniture. It will be simple to choose a beautiful facing material; the main thing is to take into account the style of the room, its dimensions and individual preferences.
The universal solution for the kitchen is a white finish with a variety of decor. It fills the space with light and freshness. From the white tile you can get a universal option, because the white color with gloss or dullness is suitable for any interior. Light tile if desired, can be supplemented with a variety of contrasting inserts. In addition, light material can be decorated with vinyl stickers.
Colorful colors are optimal for bright and non-standard solutions. If the furniture is made to match the color of the tree, then the apron should be matched to it. It is not necessary to exactly repeat the tone of the furniture, the finish may be slightly different.
Popular materials for the kitchen apron
Using tiles for an apron is not only a stereotype, but a functional, most practical solution. The variety of this material amazes imagination, therefore consumers have a question how to choose the optimally suitable variant. Consider the most popular types of tiles:
- Ceramic tiles for the kitchen on the apron. This design option kitchen apron is the most common. The fact is that ceramics is well washed from dirt, easy to assemble, durable. Color solutions are varied: from classic brown, gray to rich yellow, red, etc. The kitchen apron from a ceramic tile is durable.
- Tile. The tile possesses excellent operational properties. It is distinguished by its ability to resist physical and chemical effects well, and is easy to clean.
- Tile mosaic for kitchen on an apron. Using small fragments of a mosaic, it is possible to design both rectilinear and curvilinear surfaces.
- Tile "hog". This material is characterized by the presence of elongated shapes and proportions. If you decide to use such material, you can get an interesting, embossed surface that will give the interior an exclusive look.
- Tile under the brick. This design is perfect for both classic and modern interior.
- Spanish tile. This type of tile material in the consumer market is in high demand. It looks original, catchy and luxurious. The material is high quality and has a high level of strength.
- Glass tile Practical and attractive, resistant to aggressive detergents, easy to clean.
- Tile patchwork. It is made on the basis of such kind of decorative and applied art, when the whole color composition is obtained from separate parts. The layout of the tiles may be different. Today you can buy tiles of this type with a variety of motifs (lace, cell, zigzag, etc.).
After examining all the options presented, you can easily choose the most appropriate one. If you do not know what size to choose, then choose the format 10x10. This tile format is universal, as it helps to avoid trimming material. Especially this tile size is suitable for a small kitchen, as it gives an opportunity to make the room larger. This format can be easily combined with other elements in order to create a panel.
The main criteria for choosing tiles for the apron
Before you go to the store, you must determine in advance the height and width of the future apron. Accurate data is necessary to ensure that when laying does not face the fact that the material will have to be strongly cut. The standard apron height is usually 50-60 centimeters. Please note that the exact parameters of the tiles differ from different manufacturers. This moment is necessary to adopt when calculating the amount of material required.
When buying tiles for the kitchen, see if there is a protective coating. If such a surface is present, then during the cleaning process it will be possible to use potent agents.
It should be remembered that in different batches the material may have a different tone. The fact is that during firing it is extremely difficult to get the same result. In this regard, if you purchase material for the manufacture of an apron, then it must be taken with a stock. In this case, if during installation the tile on the apron is accidentally damaged, you will not have to look for a similar tone.
Features laying tiles for the apron
Ideal if the border of the apron coincides with the border of the furniture. In practice, this rule is not always implemented. This is because the lining is usually performed under the purchased kitchen set.
It is rational to lay the material in such a way that from the top and bottom of the apron went a little behind the furniture. In this case, the design will be neat and tidy.
When using furniture of standard parameters, the distance from the floor to the apron is 85 centimeters.
Laying tiles can be a variety of ways. Before work, you will need to remove old material, if any, to level the wall surface. Then mark the boundaries for future installation, fix a bar or metal profile on the wall.
Next, the wall is treated with diluted adhesive composition, after which the laying of the first row begins. Flatness is checked by level. Plastic crosses are mounted between the materials. So fit all the rows.
As a result of the work should not forget to get rid of the remnants of glue. Dries apron for the kitchen during the day. After the surface dries, you can pull out all the crosses. All seams are carefully processed with grout. When the grout dries, the surface of the apron is wiped.