The modern market offers a wide range of finishing materials. Plaster, plastic, tile, wood, drywall, stone, paint and wallpaper - this is only part of a huge selection. But all this you have already seen in the homes of friends and neighbors, and I want to be original. Glass tile is the material that can add to the home of uniqueness and beauty.
Glass Tile Benefits
Glass tile in the interior has such characteristic features:
- Durability. On this basis, it is in no way inferior to ceramic tile, but even surpasses it, since it does not enter into chemical reactions with alkali or acids.
- No deformation. The drawing is applied on the back side, therefore during the operation there is no change in the brightness of the color.
- Hygiene. The smooth surface has almost no pores where dirt could accumulate. Therefore, it is very easy to care for glass tiles. Using conventional detergents, you can quickly remove dirt. Also, this material is not prone to the formation of fungus, which contributes to the use of such lining, even in operating rooms, where sterility is important.
- Beauty and variety. A wide color palette and the ability to apply a variety of patterns and images, allow you to create a unique design. Glass fits perfectly with other types of finishes, making it easy to fit into any interior.
- Security. The tile is made of tempered glass. If it breaks, it is unlikely to get hurt without sharp edges. Rough tiles are used for the floor covering, so you can not be afraid to fall, slipping.
- Easy installation. Laying glass tiles made with a special adhesive, and then rubbed over the seams.
Types of glass tiles
Cutting glass sheet jamming, firing or hardening - the main methods used for the manufacture of tiles. Let's get acquainted with the varieties of glass plates.
Typically, glass tiles for the kitchen is used for facing the work surface and near the sink.
Mosaic tiles are especially popular. After finishing such a material, the kitchen is simply transformed, made brighter and more radiant. The play of light is not the only advantage of such facing.
The tile for kitchen on an apron from glass possesses a number of advantages:
- long service life;
- high moisture resistance;
- resistance to temperature changes;
- original appearance.
Also tile on the apron - the perfect way to decor for uneven surfaces. The pieces of the mosaic will hide the flaws of the walls.
The disadvantages of using such a finishing material include large time costs, because the pieces are attached one by one. But this is precisely the case when a smart result is fully repay your efforts.
Bathroom glass tile
Designers are increasingly advised to pay attention to the use of glass tiles for bathrooms when finishing housing. This material is not worse than ceramics, and in matters of cleaning it also surpasses it.
Glass tile for the bathroom can be used not only for the walls, but also for the floor. Glossy tiles can be decorated with walls, and matte with rough edges will take place on the floor. An interesting way to update the interior of the bathroom - mosaic. Small in size glass parts can dramatically change the design of the room.
Mosaic for the bathroom, depending on personal preference, can be of any color. Figure should also be chosen based on your taste. But experts advise to look at several shades, claiming that they look perfect in the bathroom interior.
Shades of blue, yellow, red and white - those colors that best fit in the design of the bathroom. Mosaic panels, furniture and plumbing should be in harmony with each other. It is not necessary to completely cover the walls with glass tiles; it is enough to place several expressive accents to make the room look different. Nobody forbids to cover the entire perimeter with tiles, but glass materials are expensive. Therefore, they are often combined with ceramic tiles.
The conclusion suggests itself: a tile made of glass is a wonderful alternative to ceramic. It is not inferior to its rival neither in beauty nor in ease of operation. Take a closer look at this quality material that can add originality to your interior.